The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides the right for users in California to request the following:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared
- The right to delete personal information collected from them
- The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information
- The right to non-discriminate for exercising their CCPA rights
Does the CCPA Apply to me?
- CCPA does not apply to nonprofit organizations or government agencies
- CCPA applies to any businesses that meet one of the following thresholds
- Has annual gross revenues in excess of $25 million.
- Possesses the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers, households or devices.
- Earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers’ personal information.
Antenna will ask upon onboarding new clients their location and if they are required to follow any GDPR/CCPA regulations. Please note that we cannot advise on whether the CCPA applies to your business or what you need to do to comply with the law. Please consult your legal counsel. Antenna can and will make updates to the website based on the guidance of your legal counsel. If you need to make changes to your website to comply with the CCPA, please contact our support team.
- California Department of Justice - CCPA documentation: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa