Do You Need One?
Ultimately, you should contact your legal council to be sure, however, here are often reasons companies may need a Cookie Consent Popup/Bar:
- It’s required by Law: Many countries have laws that may require this. In the US, it is the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), Europe it is GDPR, Canada the PIPEDA, and Australia it is the Privacy Act of 1988.
- Your internal security & compliance team may require it: Even if having a cookie consent bar may not explicitly be required by law in your case, your internal information security & compliance team may require it.
- It’s a general best practice: Even if not legally required to, disclosing what information you are tracking with cookies and giving the user the ability to be in control of this tracking can build trust with your audience and the perception of your brand.
Examples of Cookie Bars
For complete requirements for the cookie bar, please refer to the applicable governing law. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure the cookie bar meets their internal and external requirements.
How to Add a Cookie Bar to Your Website
Antenna can do this for you, please contact support.. There are several approaches to adding a cookie bar:
- Install a 3rd party Cookie bar tool, such as CookieBot
- Antenna can custom create a cookie popup bar
Where the banner should appear?
To learn more about "The Cookie Law": https://www.cookielaw.org/the-cookie-law/